Can you just see the deliciousness oozing out of the photo? Can you believe it just took me 20 minutes to prepare?! Yup, you heard me!
I also whipped up this delicious lunch at work. I prepared the staples at home and threw them together when I was ready to eat them. No sour cream, no fatty ingredients, but still you end up with pure goodness.
For one serving you will need:
1 medium sweet potato
Green portion of one scallion, chopped
1 tsp olive oil/spray
1 1/2 tablespoons of low-fat Greek yogurt
1 tbs chopped onion
1 tbs chopped peppers
2 tbs black beans (from a can, drained and rinsed)
1 1/2 tbs shredded cheese (preferably low-fat and Mexican blend)
Keep these spices handy:
1. If you’re making this in the office like I did, save microwaving the sweet potato for 5 mins 30 seconds on high, for last. Prepare the rest of the ingredients ahead of time. If you’re making this fresh, you can do both simultaneously.
2. Use a little olive oil/spray and saute the onions and the peppers on medium heat for around 4 minutes.
3. Add the black beans, some cumin, salt, chili powder and paprika and cook till beans heat through (around 4 minutes). Keep aside.
4. Mix the Greek Yogurt, cumin, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder and paprika together.
5. Chop the scallions and keep aside.
6. In the cooked potato, slice it in the middle and scoop out a little of the potato enough to fill the other ingredients.
7. Layer the shredded cheese in the crevice of the potato first so that it melts. Then top with bean mixture, dollop of yogurt and chopped scallions.
PS: Think you preferred it by adding or subtracting something? Tell me in the comments!